Thursday, April 24, 2008

Only one good thing worth trying to be

Sara Bareilles. Irving Plaza. 4-23-08

pulling it out of me. i wait. i hold back. can she? I wonder can she bring it out of me. make me believe. and she does. i hear her words. I breathe it in, I start to feel. trying to capture this fleeting moment.

She talks a lot between songs. and she's really fucking funny too. she's surprisingly really cool. why does that surprise me? i just didn't know all that much about her i guess. one second she doesn't care, she is laughing, telling a funny story and a moment later starts to sing and expresses this immense vulnerability. The really good artists are better live than anything else. They give you something that you can only get from a live performance. She is one of them.

Something inside me moves. forward. up. closer to the surface. I'm beginning to understand. I get it. It's not that i forget. but it's nice to be reminded. I hear her words, "leave me be set me free".

This is my favorite place to be.

No comments: